Global Superstar Ed Sheeran to Take the Stage for a Special Performance at the 58th Academy of Country Music Awards
Global Superstar Ed Sheeran to Take the Stage for a Special Performance at the 58th Academy of Country Music Awards
The world-renowned singer-songwriter joins the star-studded lineup of performers including Jason Aldean, Kane Brown, Luke Combs, Cody Johnson, Miranda Lambert, Dolly Parton, Jelly Roll, Keith Urban, Morgan Wallen, The War And Treaty, Lainey Wilson, and Bailey Zimmerman
Hosted by Dolly Parton and Garth Brooks, ‘Country Music’s Party of the Year’ will be FREE to stream live exclusively on Prime Video and the Amazon Music channel on Twitch on Thursday, May 11
Photo Credit: Annie Leibovitz
Ed Sheeran Social Video CLICK HERE
Media and Social Assets CLICK HERE
NASHVILLE—May 9, 2023—The Academy of Country Music, Prime Video, and Dick Clark Productions announced that global superstar Ed Sheeran will take the stage for an unforgettable performance during the 58th Academy of Country Music Awards. Hosted by country music icons Dolly Parton and Garth Brooks, the two-hour show will be free to stream live for a global audience across 240+ countries and territories exclusively on Prime Video and the Amazon Music channel on Twitch on Thursday, May 11 at 7 p.m. EDT/6 p.m. CDT/4 p.m. PDT from Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas. The full rebroadcast will be available to watch after the show on Prime Video and will be available to stream the next day on Friday, May 12, starting at 8 p.m. EDT/5 p.m. PDT on the Amazon Music App and for free on Amazon Freevee.
Sheeran, who just released the critically-acclaimed studio album “-” (Subtract), is in the midst of his “+ - = ÷ x” (Mathematics) World Tour, and has a 4-part docuseries “Ed Sheeran: The Sum Of It All” streaming now, will make his debut on the legendary ACM Awards stage, adding an electrifying moment to an already-packed evening of powerhouse performances. The star-studded lineup of performers includes the biggest names in country music with Jason Aldean, Kane Brown, Luke Combs, Cody Johnson, Miranda Lambert, Jelly Roll, Keith Urban, Morgan Wallen, The War And Treaty, Lainey Wilson, Bailey Zimmerman, and co-host Dolly Parton, who will close out the night of massive performances by delivering one of her biggest performances to date with the world premiere of the debut single from her highly anticipated new rock record.
A limited number of tickets are still available for purchase on SeatGeek, offering fans exclusive entry into the nonstop party packed with their favorite country stars performing the biggest hits from the last year and seats closer to the action than ever before.
Additionally, fans can enjoy special guest features from Bailey Zimmerman, Dolly Parton, and Garth Brooks on “Country Heat Radio” in DJ Mode, along with new Country Heat Weekly podcast episodes hosted by Amber Anderson and Kelly Sutton on Amazon Music, where fans can tune in to in-depth conversations with guests, including Zimmerman and Brooks. Fans can also stream the ACM Awards playlist available now on Amazon Music in celebration of this year’s nominees. Fans can listen to country music’s biggest stars, such as Kane Brown, Miranda Lambert, and Luke Combs, directly on the Amazon Music app.
Viewers can follow along with entertainment, pop-culture influencers and country music superfans Claudia (@girlwithnojob) and Margo Oshry (@margoshry) as they share a behind-the-scenes look at their road to the ACM Awards, including their must-have products for your next summer concert trip -- from snacks and suitcases to red-carpet-worthy dresses and show stopping makeup. Fans can catch up with the Oshry’s on Amazon Live and follow @amazonfashion on Snapchat and Instagram as they get ready for the awards and catch up with artists on the red carpet.
Leading up to ‘Country Music’s Party of the Year,’ customers can find everything they need to celebrate and more on the ACM Awards Explore Page. The online, one-stop destination to watch, listen, and shop the ACM Awards invites customers to gear up for the live show on Prime Video, stream the ACM Awards playlist on Amazon Music, browse limited-edition ACM Awards products, shop vinyl and merch from nominees, and nail their look – whether they’re going for red carpet-glam or laid-back coastal cowgirl.
The 58th Academy of Country Music Awards is produced by Dick Clark Productions, with Raj Kapoor, Barry Adelman, and Fonda Anita serving as executive producers, and Damon Whiteside serving as executive producer for the Academy of Country Music. Patrick Menton is co-executive producer.
Established in 1966, the Emmy-nominated Academy of Country Music Awards is the longest-running country music awards show and made history in 2022 as the first major awards ceremony to exclusively livestream, in partnership with Prime Video. This year’s show marks its return to Texas since the landmark 50th ACM Awards, which broke a Guinness World Record in 2015 for being the most-attended awards show with more than 70,000 attendees at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
The Academy of Country Music would like to thank its partners Albertsons Companies, Aristocrat Gaming, Ashley HomeStore, Coors Light, North Texas Ford Dealers, Fritos®, Kendra Scott, Korbel California Champagne, Lucas Oil, Security Benefit, Tequila Herradura, and Wrangler for their support of ACM Awards week in Texas.
Follow the Academy of Country Music on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok, join the conversation with #ACMawards, and sign-up for the FREE ACM A-List for the latest news and updates in your email inbox. For more information, visit ACMcountry.com.
About the Academy of Country Music
Founded in Southern California in 1964 as a regional trade organization, the ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC (ACM) has grown in the almost-60 years since into a leading association for the country music industry. Now headquartered in Nashville, TN and boasting record-high membership of nearly 5,000 nationwide, the Academy serves as a powerhouse advocate for country fans, artists, and all facets of the business, as well as a supporter of philanthropic work through charitable partner ACM LIFTING LIVES, dedicated to improving lives through the power of music and providing aid in times of need, with a focus on health initiatives. 2023 looks to be another monumental year for the Academy, with the ACM Awards returning to Texas on May 11 and streaming live for a global audience on Prime Video, still the only major awards show to livestream. The Academy also remains relentlessly committed to creating a more inclusive environment for underrepresented groups in country music, from the boardroom to the stage, and over the last year has launched both ACM LEVel Up, a two-year professional development and enrichment curriculum for rising leaders, and OnRamp, a guaranteed income program for Black members of the Nashville music community, in partnership with the Black Music Action Coalition. For more information, log onto ACMcountry.com or ACMLiftingLives.org.
About Dick Clark Productions
Dick Clark Productions is the world's largest producer and proprietor of televised live event entertainment programming with the "Academy of Country Music Awards," "American Music Awards," "Billboard Music Awards," "Golden Globe Awards," "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest," “So You Think You Can Dance,” and the “Streamy Awards.” Dick Clark Productions owns one of the world's most extensive and unique entertainment archive libraries with more than 60 years of award-winning shows, historic programs, specials, performances and legendary programming. For more information please visit www.dickclark.com.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sports—all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
- Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series, and sports, including Thursday Night Football. Enjoy series and films including Emmy winners The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Lizzo’s Watch Out for the Big Grrrls, Emmy-nominated satirical superhero drama The Boys, and the smash hits The Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Shotgun Wedding, Samaritan, Thirteen Lives, The Tender Bar, Being the Ricardos, The Tomorrow War, Reacher, and Coming 2 America. Prime members also get access to licensed content.
- Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like HBO Max, discovery+, Paramount+, BET+, MGM+, ViX+, PBS KIDS, NBA League Pass, MLB.TV, STARZ, and SHOWTIME—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
- Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping, savings, and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, ultrafast grocery delivery and pickup, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, prescription savings, and access to ad-free music, books, and games. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit: amazon.com/prime.
About Amazon Freevee, formerly IMDb TV
Amazon Freevee is a streaming video service with thousands of premium movies and TV shows, including Originals and FAST channels, available anytime, for free.
- Expansive Catalog: Amazon Freevee offers viewers ambitious Originals, including Bosch: Legacy; Emmy-winning court program Judy Justice; coming-of-age drama High School; reality design series Hollywood Houselift with Jeff Lewis; comedy series Sprung; music documentary Post Malone: Runaway; heist drama Leverage: Redemption; spy thriller Alex Rider; and the sports docuseries UNINTERRUPTED’s Top Class: The Life and Times of the Sierra Canyon Trailblazers. Combined with an always updating library of broadly appealing hit movies and TV shows across a wide selection of genres, and a catalog of more than 200 FAST channels, including Judy Justice and Crime 360; Amazon Freevee delivers customers the content they would expect to see on a paid service.
- Free: The entire catalog of content on the service is free. No paid subscriptions necessary.
- Limited Ads: Freevee provides customers highly sought content supported by limited advertising.
- Instant Access: Freevee is available as an app on Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and within the Prime Video app. Freevee is available as an app on third party devices including Roku, Samsung smart TVs (2017-2021 models), Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, Comcast’s Xfinity Flex, Xfinity X1, Chromecast with Google TV, NVIDIA SHIELD and other Android TV devices, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles, as well as LG Smart TVs (2018-2021 models). The app is also available on iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices.
To learn more about Amazon Freevee, visit www.amazon.com/freevee and follow @AmazonFreevee.
Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis: [email protected]
Academy of Country Music: Jesse Knutson, [email protected]
Dick Clark Productions: Lydia Baskharoon, [email protected] & Gina Sorial, [email protected]
Amazon Studios/Prime Video: Leshelle Sargent, [email protected], Paige DuBois, [email protected] & Salem Hawatmeh, [email protected]
Amazon Freevee: Caly Johnson, [email protected]