CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Manager, Strategic Partnerships
Summary of Position
The Strategic Partnerships Manager will be responsible for ensuring the contractual sponsorship elements, either sold through dick clark productions and/or 3rd party sales agent(s) and/or in-house ACM/LL strategic partnership staff, have been satisfied and communicated. The Strategic Partnership Manager will work together with ACM staff in the strategy, planning and execution of ACM and LL’s partnership programs, including identifying, cultivating, and developing leads and prospects and working with key staff to negotiate contracts and packages, closing deals, and providing account management. This person will identify and secure revenue generating opportunities with prospects across industries, foster revenue opportunities with existing sponsors, and develop a multi-year strategy and planning goals to increase sponsorship and corporate partnership revenue for ACM and LL. Travel will be required for events and meetings. Position is based in Encino, CA.
- Liaise with all ACM departments, including Events Team, PR & Marketing and Content/Creative, as well as with dick clark productions and all third-party sales agents, to ensure accurate and feasible deliverables for all partner related activity.
- Identify and leverage ACM & LL assets to design, implement, and manage partnership plans focused on growing strategic partners across industries and sectors.
- Oversee identification of prospects, cultivation, and solicitation strategies, and closing of deals.
- Work across the organization to conceptualize and develop packages for sponsorship, and execute revenue generating opportunities to drive incremental revenue for the organization.
- Work with prospects to gain a clear understanding of their needs, and develop customized sponsorship and proposal packages to win their business and acquire new sponsorship revenues.
- Maintain accurate and updated records of all contacts and a revenue projection pipeline of opportunities, highlighting all the prospecting, research, networking, outbound calls, and attendance at trade shows, conferences, events, and/or programs.
- Develop presentations, including market research and data, to build powerful and persuasive proposals based on the key objectives and the business needs of the ACM & LL.
- Provide timely responses to prospects, and existing sponsor and partner requests, and work in a consultative manner with sponsors and partners to deepen the ACM & LL relationship.
- Create year-end recap of delivered assets by sponsor with market value associated to those assets.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years’ experience in sponsorship and/or partnership department of an entertainment company
- Experience with fulfilling sponsorship/partnership elements
- Able to prioritize and multi-task under stressful situations (i.e. Award Show, events)
- Must present ACM and ACM partners in a professional manner
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
Contact: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
2018 ACM INTERNSHIPS
We are looking for bright, fun, hard-working students who love country music and want to see the music entertainment business first-hand. The 53rd Annual Academy of Country Music Awards and ACM Party for a Cause® events will be held this spring in Las Vegas as part of The Week Vegas Goes Country®. The week ramps up with ACM Party for a Cause — a variety of country music events across Las Vegas featuring all your favorite artists. The weekend festivities culminate in the 53rd Annual Academy of Country Music Awards!
The chosen candidates will work closely with the Academy staff in one of the following departments: Event Management, Operations, Public Relations & Marketing, Lifting Lives (our charity), Social Media, Creative and Content Production and additionally complete general administrative duties.
Internships are based in Los Angeles and will start in early January running through mid-April 2018, which includes a 10-day stay in Las Vegas with hotel, travel and meals provided. Candidates may receive credit for their participation and a weekly stipend for their internship. We are interested in Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors in the following majors: Business, Communications, Entertainment Management, Festival or Event Management, Journalism, Marketing, Multimedia/New Media, Music Management, Non-Profit Management, Public Relations, Social Media, or Video Production. However, all students encouraged to apply.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in the country music industry
- Professional demeanor
- Flexible schedules
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite highly preferred
- Creative and Content Production interns should have experience using Adobe Premiere and Photoshop. Experience with After Effects is a plus.
Don't miss your chance to be involved with The Week Vegas Goes Country! Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no calls.
The application period for all internships begins September 11, 2017. Send resume and cover letter as an attachment, no later than October 27, 2017.