ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC ANNOUNCES OPEN SUBMISSIONS DATE & CRITERIA CHANGES FOR THE 51st ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC® AWARDS COUNTRY MUSIC RADIO AWARDS CATEGORIES
ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC ANNOUNCES
OPEN SUBMISSIONS DATE & CRITERIA CHANGES FOR THE
51st ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC® AWARDS
COUNTRY MUSIC RADIO AWARDS CATEGORIES
Starting Monday, November 9th Current Academy Radio Members May
Submit Nominations at www.acmcountry.com
Deadline THIS FRIDAY October 30th to Apply for
New Memberships & Renew Existing Memberships
ENCINO, CA (October 26, 2015) –The Academy of Country Music announced today that open submissions for the 51st Annual Academy of Country Music Awards will begin Monday, November 9, 2015 and will end at 4:00 PM CT on Tuesday, December 8, 2015. The 51st Annual Academy of Country Music Awards will air LIVE from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas at a date to be announced on the CBS Television Network. In addition, the Academy is announcing several criteria changes in radio categories.
Only current ACM members may submit for Station or On-Air Personality category consideration; new membership applications and existing membership renewals must be completed by 5:00 PM CT on Friday, October 30, 2015. For more information on how to become a member, radio professionals may email email@example.com.
To apply online for membership with the Academy of Country Music, please visit https://membership.acmcountry.com/individual/application.
Criteria changes announced to radio categories include:
- For On-Air Personality of the Year categories, principal personalities must be together for 8 months in order to be eligible to submit. Personalities must be working at submitting station by May 1,2015 and be able to provide daypart market share/rank information from May through November. Personality teams must still be intact at the time of the submission deadline.
- Personalities may only enter in one category (Ex: Small Market, Medium Market, Large Market or Major Market) and it must be in the largest market in which they are eligible for. If a personality is on-air in more than 10 markets they must submit in the National On-Air Personality of the Year category.
- National on-air personality entrants must provide information showing that they air on a minimum of 10 (ten) markets with a minimum of 32 shows airing in the submissions period (previously the requirement was for a minimum of 26 shows to air during the submissions period).
- International stations may submit if they are current Academy of Country Music members and submit applicable Share and Market Rank information.
The Academy of Country Music Awards telecast recognizes winners for the previous calendar year; the radio submission period is between January 1, 2015 and December 8, 2015.
Nominees for the Academy of Country Music radio awards categories, outlined below, will be announced in the spring of 2016.
- On-Air Personality of the Year – National
- On-Air Personality of the Year – Major (Markets 1-25)
- On-Air Personality of the Year – Large (Markets 26-50)
- On-Air Personality of the Year – Medium (Markets 51-100)
- On-Air Personality of the Year – Small (Markets 101+)
- Radio Station of the Year – Major (Markets 1-25)
- Radio Station of the Year – Large (Markets 26-50)
- Radio Station of the Year – Medium (Markets 51-100)
- Radio Station of the Year – Small (Markets 101+)
# # #