ANDA LAMBERT, MARTINA McBRIDE, JENNIFER NETTLES, REBA & CARRIE UNDERWOOD TO BE HONORED AT GIRLS’ NIGHT OUT: SUPERSTAR WOMEN OF
GIRLS’ NIGHT OUT: SUPERSTAR WOMEN OF COUNTRY
TAPING SET FOR MONDAY, APRIL 4, 2011
AT THE MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA IN LAS VEGAS
* * * * *
Tickets On Sale NOW at Ticketmaster.com for Taping of CBS Television Network Special
Encino, CA (January 26, 2011) - The Academy of Country Music and dick clark productions announced today that country superstars Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Jennifer Nettles, Reba and Carrie Underwood are the first artists scheduled to appear and be honored at GIRLS’ NIGHT OUT: SUPERSTAR WOMEN OF COUNTRY taping on Monday, April 4, 2011 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The special will air at a later date on the CBS Television Network.
Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country is a special tribute concert featuring an A-list lineup of performers paying respect to today’s most incredible country music female artists, all of whom will be honored with unique accolades from the Academy for special achievements in their careers. Additional honorees and participating talent announcements are forthcoming and ticket sales from the special will benefit ACM Lifting Lives, the charitable arm of the Academy.
- Miranda Lambert – Will be recognized for being the only female artist in the Academy’s history to ever win Album of the Year, twice, first for “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend” in 2007 and again for “Revolution” in 2009
- Martina McBride – Will be recognized by ACM Lifting Lives for her dedication to raising social consciousness through songs such as “Independence Day” and “Concrete Angel,” which raise awareness of domestic violence and encourage female empowerment; McBride has won Female Vocalist of the Year three times, in 2001, 2002 and 2003
- Jennifer Nettles – Will be recognized for being only one of two female artists in the Academy’s history to ever solo write and perform Song of the Year, in 2007, with “Stay”
- Reba – Will be recognized for winning Female Vocalist of the Year more times than any other artist in the Academy’s history – a whopping seven times
- Carrie Underwood – Will be recognized for being the only female artist in the Academy’s history to ever win Entertainer of the Year, twice, first in 2008 and again in 2009 (she is the reigning Entertainer of the Year, since Awards recognize the previous calendar year’s work)
Tickets for Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country are on sale NOW at Ticketmaster, priced at $200, $150, $100. Ticket proceeds will go to ACM Lifting Lives.
For more information on Girls’ Night Out or the ACM Awards, visit ACMcountry.com or follow us on Twitter at @ACMawards for more immediate updates!
About Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country
The Academy of Country Music’s GIRLS’ NIGHT OUT: SUPERSTAR WOMEN OF COUNTRY is dedicated to honoring today’s most incredible female country music performers: Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Jennifer Nettles, Reba and Carrie Underwood. The show is produced for television by dick clark productions and will be taped at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas Monday, April 4, 2011 at 7:30 PM PT, to air at an as-yet-unannounced date on the CBS Television Network. Orly Adelson and R.A. Clark are executive producers. Barry Adelman is producer, and Bob Bardo is the executive in charge of production. Bob Romeo is executive producer for the Academy of Country Music. Ticket sales from the special will benefit ACM Lifting Lives. For more information, please visit www.acmcountry.com.