ACM LIFTING LIVES® ANNOUNCES 2013 GRANT CYCLE RECIPIENTS
ACM LIFTING LIVES® ANNOUNCES 2013 GRANT CYCLE RECEIPIENTS
Organization Gives $135,000
ENCINO, CA (December 17, 2013) – ACM Lifting Lives,® dedicated to improving lives through the power of music, announced its 2013 beneficiaries today, including new grants for Alive Hospice, Notes for Notes, Porter’s Call, Possibilities!, Rock For Kids, Tapping Individual Potential (T.I.P.) and W.O. Smith Nashville Community Music School. This brings the organization's total giving for the 2013 grant cycle to $135,000, which includes funding for the 4th Annual ACM Lifting Lives Music Camp that took place in June. Through grant cycles, ACM Lifting Lives is able to provide funding to programs that promote education and healing with a musical connection.
“We are very pleased to announce this year’s beneficiaries,” said ACM Lifting Lives Chairman Bruce Bowman, “these organizations clearly demonstrate the mission of ACM Lifting Lives and we are proud to help grow their programs through our grant cycle. We are thankful for all of the support we’ve received throughout the year that allows us to fulfill our mission of improving lives through music.”
Programs funded during the 2013 ACM Lifting Lives grant cycle include:
- Alive Hospice in Nashville, TN – received funds to provide a formalized, structured therapeutic music program to patients receiving end-of-life care.
- Notes for Notes in Nashville, TN, Los Angeles, CA and Santa Barbara, CA – received funds to support Notes for Notes in five MusicBox Studio locations; two in Nashville, two in Santa Barbara and one in Los Angeles.
- Porter’s Call in Franklin, TN – received funds to pay for additional counseling staff to help meet the needs of artists who request assistance.
- Possibilities!in Cumberland Furnace, TN – received funds to send five new applicants to experience the one of the many therapeutic programs at Onsite Workshops.
- Rock For Kids in Chicago, IL – received funds to secure teachers, purchase music supplies and assist with current administrative costs.
- Tapping Individual Potential (T.I.P.) in Nashville, TN – received funds to support 25 – 30 financially disadvantaged music students with outstanding talent, individualized enrichment-like music lessons.
- W.O. Smith Nashville Community Music School in Nashville, TN – received funds to provide music supplies and continued music study.
For information on guidelines and how to submit for the 2014 grant cycle, please visit www.acmliftinglives.org.
About ACM Lifting Lives
ACM Lifting Lives® is the philanthropic arm of the Academy of Country Music dedicated to improving lives through the power of music. Through partnerships with artists and strong ties in the music industry, ACM Lifting Lives develops and funds music-related therapy and education programs, and serves members of the community who face unexpected hardships through its Diane Holcomb Emergency Relief Fund. Through generous donations and the support of artists and fans, ACM Lifting Lives is able to fund everything from disaster relief and helping communities in need, to music education in schools and music camps for those with disabilities, to supporting programs that use music therapy as a means to help our veterans and wounded warriors, while providing grants to help them ease back into life. For more information, please visit www.ACMLiftingLives.org.
Academy of Country Music
Academy of Country Music